If you are using Samsung 840/850 EVO/PRO SSDs and are looking for a little more zip when launching/closing/booting/coming out of sleep on your PC then you might try Samsung's RAPID mode in the Samsung Magician program on Windows.

This will not help in 'most' games as they load all level data to RAM at launch anyway. RAPID mode is essentially a RAM drive for those that don't already have/run a dedicated (and usually more functional) RAM drive program.

Going to be working on some image work with multiple programs and the web at the same time? This could help speed things up. I've can see a small improvement on exchanges in chrome but, not really worth it unless you are doing other things at the same time.

Samsung's benchmark inside Magician is a little misleading since it's showing the speed of your RAM instead of the SSD when RAPID is turned on but, I've placed them here for reference.

rapidmoderesult.png

If you are looking for a little better load times in games, that have to load maps or other stuff more often like GTA 5, I'd suggest looking up DIMMDRIVE on steam. It should also work with most other programs but, there are other options out there that cater more to a 'workstation' environment.