A great summary of many frustrations from a newbie (probably a separate account) on BCT.
So little going on in p2p this month due, I think, due to volatile price, I'm not even sure it would be worth doing a payout this month. We've got 10 days left though. Lets see what happens.
HAHA the coin isn't even actually on C-CEX....
I'm split on this one. I haven't gone looking for proof of a scam or if this is just some hyperbolic shitcoin. Any comments on whether we should move this topic to the scamcoin section or not?
Move, Lock, Ban.
Real companies use the same info and they NEVER hide behind Domain Privacy Protection
I've notified the actual insurance company via twitter that someone is using their IP to try and scam people.
BTU is picking up some serious steam.
Is it just antpool driving the blocks?
First a question, then my take on the HF.
If you put 1 btc into Finex's CST do you end up with 1BCC/1BCU or 0.5BCC/0.5BCU ?
As for the hard fork, the 'safe' play is to get everything back to fiat. You may lose out on short term profit opportunities but, avoid all fiat losses. This also affords your the chance to step back and see if one of the chains becomes dominant early. If one of the chains gains full on shitcoin status then, you've avoided a 50% or worse loss in total worth. You can then re-enter the better chain and continue your normal trading.
The 'risk' play is to keep 'whatever your willing to lose' of both and hodl. Depending on the values of each chain at any given time you could be up or down. Again if on coin goes south and dies, you may lose all of that value, however, the winning coin may end up back at previous price and it becomes a wash. Then you have the ETH/ETC example. For a bit they've had their own swings and total value combined has been both below and above the value of ETH pre-fork. At this time they are both playing around with new ATHs and so having both, would combined, be better than having sold to fiat/BTC and then trading the 'winner'.
I'll personally be playing a hybrid. If the rhetoric gets as heated as it did this last Friday, I'll get the rest of my 'in profit' trades sold down to the level of holdings which I'm willing to lose and wait. If no HF comes then I should still be in a good position for the annual summer pump. I'm fine with the exchanges wanting to list BTU as an alt. BTU could end up being the platinum to BCC gold. They have some large hurdles to overcome to do that but, it's still possible.
The block size debate is contentious as it has ever been. Maybe BCC can actually get SegWit activated if a fork happens. Regardless, there are a bunch of sharks in the water right now. Mainly fangirling without teeth until something concrete happens. If that hard fork hits, those sharks will start their feeding and begging for ego boosts.
If you do, add me. IceKohl#9351